To follow Common Purpose’s journey as it develops, and to contact the company about possible collaborations, please visit commonpurposeproject.com
In the United States, securing a stable, comfortable life for individuals & families requires having one’s basic needs met and achieving key milestones from one stage of life to another: from a healthy birth, to a quality education, a well-paying job, to healthy and secure aging.
Our Common Purpose is for more individuals and families to have their basic needs met and achieve key milestones with a focus on reducing disparities.
At present, most foundations, nonprofits and government agencies approach problems in a siloed way and look for their silver bullets. While more holistic approaches are starting across the country, they too are siloed. A Lifelong Success Approach can provide the country a useful scaffolding to ensure that community members have the support they need to help more individuals and families achieve milestones with a focus on eliminating disparities.
- If we are able to build and support a coalition of hundreds of initiatives advancing any part of a lifelong success framework, more people will be born healthy, receive a quality education, secure a well paying job, and age healthy and secure.
- .The question we will continue to answer is ‘are resources and activities making a difference for people to be successful from one stage of life to the next?’
Currently at CPP
- Research continues to uncover networks and individual initiatives across the United States taking a lifelong success approach
- Networks we are currently setting up discussions with:
- Strive Together; EC Link ; Purpose Built Communities ; Promise Neighborhoods ; Opportunity; Youth Forum ; By All Means ; Pathways to Prosperity
- Individual Initiatives Include: Best Start for Kids, WA; Workforce Investment Network, MA; Birth to 22, United for a Bright; Future, FL; BEST, OK; STAR, MA
Future State at CPP
- Build coalition of initiatives advancing any part of lifelong success framework across all 50 states – through local organization partnerships we aim to create a more comprehensive and interwoven path to success; this will enable new partnerships, policies, programs, and resource distribution strategies that promote health-enabling environments.
- Track Progress: progress will be tracked through various unique indicators defined by the intermediary partners across the U.S.
- More people achieve milestones during different points in time in life while reducing disparities; through the life pathways model, we can take a more sustainable and contextual understanding of our local surroundings to enact real change